Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Own Mighty Mighty Bosstone

Preface: During my junior year at Shippensburg, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones came to Heiges Field House for our entertainment. The concert was awesome. Watching the punk and plaid moshpit was equally entertaining. So as soon as I saw Julia's outfit, my thoughts immediately went to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones :)

Wednesday night the freezer in our upstairs fridge/freezer stopped working. Steve and I packed all of our frozen items into coolers and place them on our back patio. Thursday morning I opened the fridge and felt only slightly cool air. Oh, great! The next three hours were spent running up and down the stairs to the basement fridge, clearing out non-essential food and then taking out all the shelves/drawers to clean. Yes, it really took three hours. Julia thought running up and down the stairs was a game, so that added more time. Julia had to help take the organic food to the compost pile - more time. Julia needed to help wipe out the fridge (and disassemble the shelves on the door - UGH) and wipe the drips on the floor - more time.

There was a moment during my stairs running where I was able to find her something else to do. I pulled out one of those huge Crayola coloring books that I found on clearance at Target. It was new to her so it immediately caught her attention. She quickly took her crayons and book to the playroom, settling on the floor.

During my madness, I didn't notice that she had also raided her dress-up clothes. As I finished my last run, I heard her talking away to an imaginary friend. I popped my head in and asked who she was talking to..."I talking to Grammy". Sweet! Okay. But it was the outfit she created that really caught my attention. It also gave me a laugh that I desperately needed that day. What do you think?


No comments: