Tuesday, January 12, 2010

There's Another Haney on the Way!

That's right, the newest Haney will make their debut in July. The exact due date is July 26; but since Julia was 3 weeks early...we'll just say July :)

Here's the little one's first photo taken on Dec 15 at our 8 week appt -

You can see its little arm buds waving, or as Uncle Eric said "It's already flashing gang signs!"

Today was our 12 week appointment and we heard the heartbeat again (unfortunately, they had some issues finding it and that made me completely panic) but didn't get to see the little one. However, after a check-up, everything seems to be going well! Yay!

The past few weeks have literally been hell on earth for me. I haven't been able to eat (except jello, gatorade, toast and saltines...yum!) and have been violently ill all day. I've lost 8 lbs in the past month! Drugs did take the edge off of it at times and they help to keep me vertical during the day when I'm home alone with Julia. Steve has been a saint doing all of the housework, as well as dealing with a job move. Love you, babe!

Thankfully the past few days I have been able to eat tiny bits of 'real' food. But I still cannot be around cooking food or people who are eating it. This has made it very hard on Julia who is used to family dinners at the table. While Steve makes dinner I hide in our bedroom. Not very nice :(

Of course, the weeks leading up the the first appointment were very hard on my soul. Although I was so happy with our 'positive test', I was terrified that we would miscarry again. I am very thankful for such an amazing husband, supportive friends and the wonderful OB practice that I go to. Our 8 week visit was very positive and the doctor completely understood my nerves. It was so refreshing to have them not sweep the miscarriage under the rug. And I have to smile when I think that our new baby has the best guardian angel ever.

Julia doesn't officially know yet but we have a feeling that she knows something is going on. And she keeps telling me that I'm going to hatch soon (but that may be because of the Dinosaur Train). Since her concept of time is interesting to say the least, we'll most likely tell her closer to July. For goodness sakes the girl thinks that Santa is coming again next week!

That's all for now...I need a nap :)

5 comments:

Mrs. Schaeffer said...

I am so happy for you! I don't miss the sickness that you've described. It sounds like you have it worse than I ever did. Can you imagine how pleasant I would be at OBX if I had it as bad as you? Whew! I pray for the yucky times to pass and the good times to roll. I love you all so very much! x o x o

Shannon D. said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I'm so very happy for you! Keep me updated on how you are feeling and if you ever need a thing I'm not that far away!
-shan

Amy said...

Congratulations to you all! We are so happy for you, are you taking reglan? I heard that can help with the sickness. We'd love to see you sometime soon, we don't have to involve food! BTW, love that your daughter has a whale by my name, I did go to Weight Watchers, I am no longer a whale! HA! :)

Nicki said...

congrats mama!!!

asupergirl09 said...

congratulations!! i'm so excited for you!! :)