Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Striped Diva and Her Pet Pineapple

The day began in a calm manner - she ran into our room at 6:45 am, turned on all of the lights and proclaimed that she needed peanut butter and bread. I fumbled around our room and was able to get into the shower. Before I knew it, I had a visitor. Yep, in she came with her kitty wash cloth, shampoo and tooth brush. So much for a peaceful shower. Thankfully she had taken off her pajamas before she entered the shower stall.

After a small temper tantrum (I wouldn't let her use the hairdryer by herself) we proceeded to her room to pick an outfit. And this is what she had to wear:

I chuckle because yesterday a topic of discussion was one of our little preschool friends who dresses herself in the most colorful outfits. What's even better is that her Mom lets her - she chose not to fight that "win less" battle. Amen to that! Just take pictures and bring them out at prom.

Now to her pet pineapple. While I was upstairs gathering towels for the wash I heard laughter, running and a bit of thudding downstairs. Believing it was just Julia and Jimi preforming their morning romper room routine; I did think anything of it. As I was going down the stairs, over the mountain of towels I see a pineapple fly by on the floor below.

Apparently we now have a pet pineapple. A ribbon had been wrapped into the top greenery. She was using that as a leash, dragging her new pet all around the house. "Come on, it's time to go!" she yelled at the poor pineapple. Hmmm... The pineapple was rescued as soon as I was able to put the towels down. No, I did not get a picture. She's starting to realize that pictures are taken of something cute - and this definitely was not a behavior I wanted her to keep, or think was cute!

And now for the rest of the day...*sigh*.

1 comment:

Mrs. Schaeffer said...

(smiling widely) I'm speechless. I love that little girl!