Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Exhaustion

Maybe it was the migraine, the lack of proper diet and sleep; but the past few days I felt like I was walking thru a thick fog. Nothing seemed to perk my interest. Even Chris Berman's "Fastest 3 Minutes" didn't make me smile. My class this morning was exceptionally good. But I still felt like I was in a fog.

Then I went to Natalie's house so she could torture me again with Bosu Ball and crunches. My physical balance is starting to get better but my emotional balance is lop-sided. In the middle of my training session, Julia did something that snapped me out of the fog. As I was finishing the session with crunches, she came over to me. She laid her head on my chest and patted me on my head. She then popped her head up, kissed me and went to the medicine ball to do her own exercises. It was literally 30 seconds. Immediately my grumps turned to a grin.

After we got home she was a sweety. We shared cookies as we watched 'Sesame Street' and 'Curious George'. She pulled her blanket across my legs. I need to capture these moments so that I can remember them when I'm done for the day - and it's only 10 am. Being a Mom is so hard but heartfelt times like the ones we had today make it all worth it. Hopefully we can have a good day "toonarlow" (Julia's word for "tomorrow").

PS - Success! Julia's been going to the potty for one whole week. Thanks, Grammy and Tinkerbell :)

No comments: